Terms, conditions and other small print
The Sentinel-3B launch #SocialSpace event will be held on 25 April 2018 simultaneously in TWO (2) different geographic locations: Darmstadt at ESA’s ESOC mission control centre, and in Berlin at the ILA Airshow. You may apply to both events, but if selected, you will only be invited to one.
To apply, be sure to include your name, social media name(s) and contact information, and a few words describing your motivation or interest in joining. You will be asked to indicate to which of the two you wish to be invited, or if either one is fine.
Only eligible applicants will be considered (see below), and, due to space limitations, not all applicants may be invited. Applications must be submitted by 6 April, 10:00 GMT (12:00 CEST), and selected applicants will receive an email with a formal invitation to either Darmstadt or Berlin no later than 13 April.
Applications are for one person only and are non-transferable. All applicants must be at least 18 years old on 25 April 2018.
While participation in the Sentinel-3B SocialSpace event in either Darmstadt or Berlin is free of charge, invitees are responsible for all personal expenses related to travel, accommodation and other costs in connection with this event. WiFi access, a full programme of activities, and catering will be provided.
The application period closes on 6 April at 10:00 GMT (12:00 CEST).
Once all applications have been reviewed, an email with a formal invitation, confirmation information (for a single location: Berlin or Darmstadt) and additional instructions will be sent to those selected, and to those on the waiting list.
We expect to send notifications no later than 13 April. Please allow us time to process all the applications; we will keep you posted of progress via @social4space. Invitees must confirm acceptance by 16 April.
Sentinel-3B SocialSpace is open to individuals who follow one or more of ESA’s social media accounts (complete listing here).
Applications from anyone are welcome. Applicants who are a citizen or permanent resident of one of the countries listed below will be given priority: ESA Member State, Eumetsat Member State, ESA Associate Member State, ESA Cooperating State, EU Member State, Argentina, and Australia.
Applications will not be accepted from regular ESA, Eumetsat or EU staff members; members of official delegations to ESA, Eumetsat or the EU; direct, onsite, full-time contractors for ESA, Eumetsat or the EU; nor any immediate family member of any of the aforementioned.
Note that entering Germany may require a visa.
By applying to take part in Sentinel launch SocialSpace, you agree that ESA and Eumetsat and their subcontractors, partners, employees and agents are in no way liable for any claim for damages arising from any activity in connection with either of these events. These events are being conducted on a best-effort basis and may be modified, delayed or cancelled at any time.
By applying to take part in the Sentinel-3B #SocialSpace, either in Darmstadt or Berlin, you certify that:
- You are able to travel to Darmstadt or Berlin, Germany, as invited, and remain present at the event for its duration on 25 April 2018;
- You have government-issued photo ID (for example, passport or national ID card);
- You are or will be at least 18 years of age on 25 April 2018;
- You have or will obtain any required visa to enter Germany;
- You have full health, travel, liability and any other necessary insurance;
- You are the proper owner of the social media account under which you registered;
- You agree that ESA and Eumetsat may publicise and share your image, name, home town/city and social media account name(s);
- You understand that all costs related to travel, accommodation or miscellaneous expenses are to be paid by you;
- You agree that ESA and Eumetsat and their subcontractors, partners, employees and agents are in no way liable for any claim for damages arising from any activity in connection with either of these events;
- You understand that these events are being conducted on a best-effort basis and may be modified, delayed or cancelled at any time, particularly in the event of a launch delay or postponement;
- You understand and agree that the Sentinel-3B SocialSpace will be publicised, and that you may appear in photos, videos, live webstreams or other content published in one or more online, print or other channels.
Venues, outline schedule
There are TWO (2) SocialSpace events on 25 April 2018 in two different geographic locations:
- In Darmstadt at ESA's ESOC mission control centre and at Eumetsat
- In Berlin at the ILA Airshow
You may apply to both events, but if selected, you will only be invited to one.
The programme will run continuously from approximately mid-day until late evening (confirmed times will be sent to invitees later), as the lift off is scheduled for 17:57 GMT (19:57 CEST) on 25 April.
- The event in Darmstadt will start at about mid-day and comprise guided tours of Eumetsat and of the ESOC mission control facilities followed by briefings by ESA, Eumetsat and European experts and viewing of the launch, ending at about 23:00.
- The event in Berlin will comprise access to the ILA Berlin Airshow during the day, and an exclusive invitation to a launch event in the evening at the BDLI Space Pavilion, ending by 22:00.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation, if any is booked.