ESA Technology Transfer Network broker for Spain
Knowledge Innovation Market (KIM) has recently become member of the ESA network of technology transfer brokers.
KIM (www.kimglobal.com) helps companies, research centres, investors and governments to improve the return of their investments on R&D.
The company is based in Barcelona, with two more branches in Madrid and Galicia, and a strong network of collaborators around Spain, Europe and worldwide, especially in the Americas.
Since 2012, KIM has collaborated with the ESA in the evaluation, priorization and analysis of potential applications of ESA’s portfolio of technologies in other fields.
Role and Responsibilties
KIM’s Technology Transfer Office provides a centralized service to the brokerage activity and includes a tech transfer specialized staff that will administer the general broker activities. The great emphasis on spin-in technologies permits a better use of the available resources at KIM. The current TTO framework and some existing programs will incorporate the ESA’s brokerage action.
KIM manages the Spanish space technologies catalogue, which includes over 135 inventions protected by 455 patents. New technologies further enlarge the catalogue that helps identifying possible transfers and highlighting through the ESA Technology Transfer Network (TTN) the Spanish space technology providers.
Role and responsibilities of KIM:
- ESA’s Spanish TTN management
- Space technologies exploitation and brokerage
- Transferability and evaluation studies
- Patent valorization
- Development and product re-engineering
- Business and diversification studies
- Managing the transferability of space technologies into non-spaced connected fields (telco, transport, aeronautical and automotive, energy, food research, etc.)
- Francisco Velasco (Project Director): +34 91 290 58 27 / email@example.com
- Jorge R. Mujico (Project Manager): +34 91 290 58 27 / firstname.lastname@example.org